Monday, February 14, 2005

My little girl

Friday night was the dad/daughters Valentine dance at the Mocity community center. I took Blakely for our second year in a row. Why you ask? Because one day, I will be dancing with her at her wedding, and until that day arrives, I'm going to cherish every moment of saturated love and hugs with her. We arrived to get our picture taken, pick up her princess crown, and find a seat to put our stuff down. She is still shy of "shakin' her sillys" out in public, so most of the time was spent rocking her arms back and forth, while she searched the dancefloor for other little girls. We went to sit down at somepoint, and they started playing 'butterfly kisses'.
I picked her up and said we need to dance to this one, daddy likes it. And now, in 18 years, I'll have something to think back on as I am sure I'll sob for joy uncontrollably in our living room after the wedding....just like Mr. Banks, our hero from Father of the Bride.
Well, we had a great time together. And I'm glad she enjoys being with her daddy, who can be quite silly even out in public. I guess being smitten by your daughters smile can do that to you.
Something I will always cherish in my little girl, and never forget.
daddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters