Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hello old friend...

I was thinking about an old friend today. I was also listening to KSBJ online and heard this song "Come to Jesus" that we used to have a video playing during communion at First Colony. It was also played as a memorial to Bob Onstead if I remember correctly, and I was thinking I would love Mark to sing that at mine (anyway, sidetracked). The last line is Dance for Jesus and Live. With your final heartbeat kiss the world goodbye, go in peace and Fly to Jesus.

Which leads me to my original thought. Back in my IT days, I would meet many people on the floors of the hospital. Nurses, physicians, other technicians and seemed to maintain a good rapport with them. One particular lady was a little older, Maureen was her name. Over the span of 7 years we would visit often, mainly over an application running DOS in a Windows world supported by CDC, but would joke and share stories of kids and her grandkids. I was reading an article tonight and came across the name, and it sent my mind thinking back and realizing... she passed away a few years ago. A friend of mine at work. Such an odd statement to scribe, because it was hard for me to consider many 'friends' at that place. But I wonder now how beautiful heaven is with her presence there. And as you read, that comment is probably personally applied to someone who dwells in that special place in your heart and being.
In the short life as an intern at Lifeline Chaplaincy, I think I can count 5 friends who are now saving me a spot on the front row of JESUS in CONCERT!!!!!

Wow. It's amazing how people in our lives affect us. In their presence today. In their departures. In memory. In loss. In Him. We are connected, intertwined, multi-personal supportive environment of one single purpose. What in the world is that purpose? Well, hold your finger in the air and sing with me... this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

My purpose is to shine and reflect the light of Christ to all. You get that? All. Not those who I think should be saved. Not those who sing my songs. Not those who worship my style. Not those who make my income. Not those who ... what the crap, it's not about me. It's about those who are lost, alone, scared, freaked out and in need of His hand manifested in our lives thru our actions and service. Ah with a humble heart, I write this knowing full-well I have much work to do. So shall we work together?

Ahh my old friend, thank you for sharing some laughs with me, telling me your stories, and making me think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Your insight never ceases to amaze me. Things are not the same here at good ol TMH without you! I'm glad for you and where you are in your life. Today has been really hard for me for some reason I'm really missing my brother. Then I was called to your blog and was blessed with this awesome message. You are such a gift and blessing for John and I. Thanks, MEL

2/19/2007 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, its funny how God works! I have been having the crappiest day today, one of my patients that I know is a Christian is dying (and of course, we won't let him). But, I have been very sad. And for some reason, that's the God part, I thought I should catch up with the Ellers. You are awesome, and it was just what I needed to read, right at this moment!! I sure do miss having you guys here! Tell Jen that I said Hi! Corey

3/30/2007 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters