Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Night Time Story

Tonight I was reading stories to Blakely. We bought a new "kids" bible at church, so we started at "the Beginning" of that book. When we got to Adam & Eve, I decided it was time to put a name to the face of the snake. Not sure when/if this is ever a good time, but to me, I think my kids need to know there is evil out in this world tempting us to make bad decisions, and keep us from the Joy God created. So after our prayer time, and songs, some nights I end the time with "so do you have any questions for me?", to which she said:
"Um yeah, what if God didnt make an apple tree, then they wouldnt have eaten the apple, and could have stayed in the garden."

Exactly. But God gave us the ability to make choices, and when it comes time to make a choice, we need to pray to Jesus for help in those decisions.(yes I'm telling my 4yr old this, haha) The Devil does not love God, and wants us to make wrong choices, and that makes God sad. So when we need to make choices, we need to ask God for help, knowing that Jesus is stronger than the devil. To which she said, ok, I'm not going to eat the apple from the tree.

Hmmm. I think thats enough for tonight. We'll build on it in a few years.
I think these next few years are going to be an education for me. Learning how simple the mind is of child, and what Christ meant to become like a child. Trusting without knowing, leaning without feeling, praying without ceasing.
-steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters