Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sunday with Steve

Don't you just love on the news, how everything has to have that silly title with the same letter starting each word? I'm sure theres a proper English term for that, Ms.Matthews would not be happy I forgot, but it really annoys me. Therefore, I'll use it here, to grab your eyes. Just like "Tsunami Tragedy". When really, tsunami sounds like an "s", so should be Tsunami Sadness.
Anyway-

This Sunday, I was extended the opportunity to preach at my uncles church in Allen, TX. I have always enjoyed standing and speaking, so this should fit me just fine. But I have found, once again, how teaching a class actually encourages and teaches me. I always felt this when I would teach bible class, but this time, maybe the title of my sermon would shed some light on this renewed feeling. I got the title from the story of Jesus calming the storm, in Luke 8. When he asks his disciples, "Where is your faith?"
In the midst of our storms, trials, struggles, daily decisions to follow Christ ... where is my faith. It has definitely helped in making some good decisions this week. And for that, I am thankful to be forced into studying scripture. And look forward to the many days of life to come, that will shed new light on the love and presence of the Holy Spirit in my walk with Jesus.
Maybe we'll have an audio for you of Sundays lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters