Thursday, August 10, 2006

Kids say the darndest things

I better write this down, before it slips my mind again.
We got a treadmill a few weeks ago, used, so that I wouldn't have to run in the 101 degree weather. I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit. So the last few days I have run 2 miles on it, and would look at the stats when I was done. You know, 346calories, 105fat grams...etc. So yesterday, Blakely and I went to eat at Target together. Where they have the best hot dogs and chips. As I was reading the calories for the chips, I said, "I'm really going to have run today".
Later, after running, Blakely and I went up to the ACU library to read. Well, I went to read, she went to ask me questions. We got a bottle of Caramel Frapp from Starbucks, and I was reading the calories, as we sat in the booth. I said, "Whew, that's a lot of calories." To which Blakely replied, "Does that mean you're going to have to run again?" ........
Oh these talks of ours are getting more personal. *SIGH*

Last night on the way home from church, Jackson, unbeknownst to me where we picked up this phrase, was talking to Jen about something, and yelled out "What's your problen!!!" (Yes, with an N). To which Jen turned around and tried to respond, but couldn't because I was laughing. Sorry. HAHAHA.

Tate, well, he hasn't started talking yet. But he does love to pick up things, and then stand. I think he's going to be one strong fella'. I think they are all going to be STRONG, in their own ways. And we are enjoying it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Quite funny! Maybe BK can be your encouragement to keeping running.

8/10/2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Joyce B. said...

Man I hate running! Good for you Steve. Counting calories really does work. Maybe I need to borrow Blakely for a while though to get me back into the counting! :)

8/10/2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters