Thursday, July 14, 2005

What would you do different?

A question was given to me the other day, that I'd like to pass on to you, and get your take on the situation.

Q: If you could "redo" how church is, what would you do, what would you like to see?
A: I would like to see more real-life testimonies of people who have hurt, and have been healed by Christ.

What about you? What bugs you about church. Whether that be worship service, or whos there, what they are doing, etc.... I realize this may bring about a lot of "anonymous" folks who wish to remain nameless. But remember, as I have heard it said in the work-world, if you dont like how something is being done, have a solution before you bring out your complaint.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Steve, saw a comment on Hays blog and chased you down. I love your questions and insights as you write, very authentic. To offer my answer, that would be one simple word...authentic. I feel like churches today can no longer show honest feelings. And sadly, I don't just mean hurt feelings from sin (although that may be a bigger part of the pie). What about the "need" to contain joy from worshiping God or true lamenting? The "need" to act as though all is financially stable?
When the Acts folks got together, sold land and stuff, then made things available for others as needed...that would be church. Then you have testimonies of both those in need as well as those who have praises to share for the blessings God has given through "church". (The whole hands and feet thing rings true!)
Finally, and just cause it's a part of my life, worship to God must become more. Not just the singing...all aspects. And the "gathering" time is for the believers, I think, and when an unbeliever comes in and sees what is going on...conviction will fall upon them as well.
Just my thoughts...looking forward to checking in a little more.

7/15/2005 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters