Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Blakely's 5

Well today Blakely is 5. Wow. This morning Jen took her to Beauty and the Beast theatre performance, while me and the boys went to have kolaches and run to Target. T-2days, and the house is looking more and more like a giant box. It is amazing how much stuff we have, or should I say crap. I was telling Jen the other night how funny it is I have had my closet packed up for almost 2 weeks, but yet still seem to have clothes to wear. A lot of junk. Who knows, maybe this time of transition will help us reevaluate what is needed, and what is not. I know we have all we need laying in the beds, the rest is comfort items.
Yesterday was my last day of work.. for a long time. It was a hard, fun, tiring, exciting day. There were tears shed and great big hugs from friends who are more like family. I realized I had not worked with people like this before, and was appreciative of the experience as well as education. It was truly a blessing, which I will continue to be blessed by.
We had BK's party Sunday, with friends and family. What seemed to really be a going away party. It was nice. Everyone is so supportive of our move, even though this transition affects them as well. I really like the cheese-nuts covered in cake below, Jack and Dayne.
Well, I'm not sure how days can seem longer than others, but this week sure seems like it should be over by now. But I like that it's not.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters