Friday, July 22, 2005

Who am I.

On the plane flying back from NYC in April, after being with my friends, I sat there looking out the window. Watching the things of life become smaller and smaller and smaller. Trying to figure out the great mystery. How can God know me? Who am I, I thought. Compared to all these things, these people, everything is so busy and I hardly have time to figure out my schedule let alone plan out how the pain in one persons life is going to minister to someone else 5yrs from now.

Jesus is my friend. Do you have friends that know you quite well? Or that you know very well? That when certain things arise, you could probably predict their reaction to the situation, with a +/-.0000025% accuracy? Do you know your spouse well enough to know how they feel about certain situations, and where they would like to be in 3 years? Do you have a friend that you call when you've fallen in the hole again, and need someone to throw you a rope?
Jesus is my Friend. He knows me. Very well. So to ask that question, who am I is something "the world" can never answer, without the love and friendship of Jesus. God has great things planned for me. Does that mean those plans are going to always bring me a smile or a million bucks? Nope. But his plans are there in order to bring Him glory and honor. During those times of life, the storms, the rainbows, the walks in the park, the hiding in the corner, the sobbing of grief, the questions of doubt, the wonder of majesty ... during those plans of God, I have his son Jesus as my friend. And to him I turn and say, Friend, I'm not sure what's going on, but will you just come over and sit with me for a while? Don't say anything, I just need to know you are there.
That's my friend, Jesus. Do you know him?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony and Lindsay said...

Steve,
Very encouraging. I totally followed you in your thoughts. you are awesome in Christ, brother!
Tony

7/29/2005 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully stated. What an inspiration.

Evelyn Boone

9/01/2005 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters