Monday, August 29, 2005

I have prayed for this child

2 weeks ago, on Wednesday night, I was inspired by something Dr. Hooper said during his talk, something I have always had in the back of my head to do... share scripture with my kids. When they wake up, when we walk around, when we eat, when we lay down. So that night after church, I decided we'd have a verse of the week, and tape it on the kids mirror. A real short, simple verse, that means something. Our first verse is "Love is patient. Love is kind." ICor.13:4
Easy right? Funny how these things you "think" you do for others to learn is something you yourself need.
So this last Wednesday, I looked in the concordance for something to relate to Tate's arrival. Here's what we found:

"I have prayed for this child,
and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
I Sam. 1:27


It can't be any more simple than that. Wednesday morning, 5:30am we are supposed to check into the hospital. And I pray for this child. Not because I'm special, but because of a parable we talked about yesterday in class. Luke 18, where the despised man of the world, humbled himself before God, not able to look up saying 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' I don't deserve this, because of my sins. But as the song says, "not because of what I've done, but because of who You are" to put me before God, not only a sinner, but a sinner saved by grace and Jesus lifting up this child, knowing that God will grant me what I asked of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters