Friday, August 26, 2005

Legend of King Jack

Yesterday I sat down to write my first childrens book. Yeah, its a little silly, but it seems silly that I keep reading all these other books written by other people to my kids. somehow, published or not, i'll find an illustrator to scribble some pictures, and i'll read them some stories at night. First book is called, King Jack. And the ones to follow, will make up the Legend of King Jack series. i think it'll be fun, but more than that, the kids can keep these books to pass on to their kids.
now, i just need to figure out how to draw a horse. ha.

Jen went to the doctor today, and there was no change. He said he was going out of town, so try to remain calm this weekend. Wednesday morning we go in at 5:30am. That's the "plan"... now Tate may think otherwise. However, little man, we have lots going on this weekend. I am helping out at church in a play for our "Family Power Hour" for the elementary school kids. An hour of kids worship and fun and songs, with a life lesson they can remember. It'll be fun, besides, it invites the small kids to be a part of "worship" time at their level, to know that our church family is a place where we come to be with each other and lift up Jesus as our Savior.

I've been amazed at the response of the Ira wristbands. we have 80 bands ordered, and a total of over $2035 raised. Yes, that's 2 thousand. We love that man, Ira Hays, and dearly bow before God to heal and comfort his body, to restore him to a place at his home in Brooklyn. His big sister sure wants him home. Lift them up right now, I give you permission to stop, and pray ......

Last night we were playing some songs for Tate, before bedtime on the piano and guitar. And then I played a song for Noah. I'm sure you're all going to be disgusted by who its by (like you don't know) but its Willie Nelson's "Angel Flying too close to the ground". There's something about that song now, that is a song for Noah. Blakely looked at me and said, can he hear that? I said yes, he can hear it. But more importantly, I can hear it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Hughes said...

Maybe your sister the artist...?

8/27/2005 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone else thought of Julie, but she's pretty busy. If you're serious about an illustrator, I'd be willing to collaborate. I've been thinking about children's books myself.

I'm a little late on this post - but I wanted to tell you guys congratulations on Tate's arrival. We are so happy he's healthy and just as cute as the other guys.

You are so blessed! Alison Dowdy

9/01/2005 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters