Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Finally

We have internet access, and with it, comes VOIP telephone. So I think we're definately making headway. But for now, since Jackson is running around with his pants down after going to the potty, I'll just copy the stuff I wrote out the other night.
Thanks for checking in....

from Sunday, March 26, 2006
We are in Abilene. That’s about all we know for sure. Where our clothes are, where the toys are, where the food is, and why are there so many boxes are those yet to be determined. What took weeks to accomplish, only was a matter of hours to be undone. So whats happened so far, you must be wondering. We let me tell you. We ventured out for lunch at CFA, return the uhaul, go to Lowes to buy a shower faucet. While we were unloaded the car, I look out in the street to see a black lab, just like our, with a red collar, just like ours, and what do you know, he comes when I yell his name. Wow. And look, across the street, another dog, a beagle. Well, you guessed it, they found their way out. Luckily they found their way back.
We went to Highland this morning, jumped in head first. Hit the 1st service 8:15am, then class. Kids went to church, then dismissed to God’s Garden (bible hour) and then to bible class. We ran into some folks we knew, some we knew of, and now some we know. It was even an honor to be lifted up in prayer in class this morning, before people we didn’t even know, but our friend Patrick was kind enough to share his heart. I’m not sure how much visiting around we’ll do, for churches that is. During the service, the songs they were singing seem to be right on with my spirit. And of course, they had to sing the “Greatest Commandment” song, so I’d feel right at home, shedding a tear during church.
We had lunch with some friends of my parents, and now friends of ours. I love those small towns, where folks just run to meet you. It makes you really sit down and think how good of a job I did when I would see new faces. I must say, we feel welcomed and wanted.

11:00pm -I just got back from my 2nd trip to wally mart, to start refilling the fridge. Soon, I’ll remember everything I’m supposed to get everytime I go. It seems I get my wanted item on every x+1 attempt.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you have made it!!! Welcome to Abilene!!! Transitions are fun, aren't they? (don't forget to give yourselves lots of grace.....) Many blessings on you and your family in your new home....... See you at Highland!!!!!

3/30/2006 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to discourage you, but we have had our Stuff in our "new" house for 6 weeks and just found our plates on Sunday!:) Hope you Aren't grand Adventures the best? Glad to hear you have found a church family home already...They will do their best to replace us :)We miss you all and love that we have a place to go and keep updated. Love to all.
C.

3/30/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Tony and Lindsay said...

STEVE !
I am glad to hear everything is smooth so far. Man, I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear about this first semester, whenever it starts. Love to your family from Tony and Lindsay

3/30/2006 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters