Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wed night thoughts & more

We went to Highland again this evening. I think its healthy to not give up on going to church, so I'm not. I met a few people after services and hopefully will remember them all. Ralph and Jerry were 2 tonight. Maybe I wont forget now since I wrote them down here.
But during our prayer time this evening, I opened my bible to Ecclesiastes for some insight into my prayers as well as anything I needed to hear. So I came across the verses from Ecc. 7:4
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.
Does this relate to our worship time? Or how does it relate to me specifically... I thought it did a good job of stating we need more lamenting in our worship. Probably totally off base... but what else is new.
I miss my hospital visits from my internship. The times I got to spend meeting lots of new folks and interacting with them in a good way. Praying for people and hurting with people. Mourning, I guess you would say. The thought ran through my head to see what sort of volunteer work I could find doing the chaplain business here at Abilene.

Today, we took a bike ride up the hill to visit Great (a friends grandmother). And I must say, it was uphill, with the 50mph wind at my face the entire way. We stopped 5 times I think to take a break. I bought this trailer that goes behind the bike for Blakely and Jackson, and they really loved the ride. Especially the way home when it was all down hill. If you don't think ACU is on the hill, I'll let you pull the kids up Campus Ct to University church. Next week the kids start Rainbow school 2days a week and Jen starts her job. So we'll start a new schedule with all of us, so we can try to get back to "normal".
I got some bad news about a friend I met at MDA. As it was put, you wonder how much more crap you can deal with because you are already at your breaking point, and then something else happens. I am thankful for my compassionate heart to those hurting and fighting through illness. It hurts me that things don't just stop. That diseases don't just go away. That results from longterm illness don't just )@(#)$( quit bothering them. But I know there is a God who provides for us. And my faithfulness in him strives to remain even when I see no end in sight.

Lots of rambles here. Thanks for tagging along. Tomorrow is a new day... what are you going to do with it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,
I don't think you are off base at all saying that we need more lamenting in our worship... maybe that's why Memorial has become such a good choice for our new place of worship.

On another note, I believe you when you say the hills are horrible... try some in Quail Valley with a 55lb 5 yo & 25lb 3 yo. UGH. Those trailers are like giant parachutes behind drag racers to slow them down. But how they do love the trailer... and often the littlest ones will fall asleep.

Marcie

3/31/2006 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counteras of 11/11/05
Free Hit Counters